Master of Orion Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Conan #1 Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:02 AM

Associate Producer, WG Labs

• WG Staff

Hi Everyone,

Master of Orion has now released and we would love to hear from you. Feel free to voice your feedback on this thread. If you feel that you have a hefty amount of things to say, please go ahead and make your own thread as well. 

Thank you for playing Master of Orion! We hope you succeed in conquering the stars. 

Conan

Associate Producer

Master of Orion / WG Labs

Shooter_Macgavin #2 Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player

Please make the AI smarter! Pleeeeeeease! Also, being able to access more info from any screen would be nice, especially the diplomacy screen during trade talks. And the tactical combat needs to more responsive to my commands, its just so clunky.... and retreat doesn't seem to work for me in tac combat, ever. The AI does it successfully though.

'tis a great game and please keep up the good work.

Shooter_Macgavin #3 Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
A minor thing, but annoying. When trading with the AI, I will hit the "What will make this work?" button, sometimes they will table a deal, part of which will be a set amount of BC, a one-off payment from me to them. I try to accept the deal, but then they knock back the deal they just proposed... I then add 1BC to that deal, hit propose, and they accept it.... please update this so they ask for they exactly want, so we can streamline this process.

Shooter_Macgavin #4 Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player

Well done on getting a stellar cast of actors for this game. I love that you got plenty of sci-fi stars. I love Michael Dorn, but I would like him to narrate just a bit faster. When selecting a race to play in a new game, please add the option to turn him off, as he's a bit distracting when I'm trying to decide which race I want to play. I've heard their back-story once and its great, but I don't need it read to me every time I select a race to view their traits.

Shooter_Macgavin #5 Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
Please add the option to sell the Colony Base. It's a good structure to have to get a colony up and running, but after the colony is firmly established, its a terribly in-efficient structure at 2BC for 1 food. Worse, for the Silicoids, it is completely wasted, and simply drains 2BC per colony for them, which is not fair.

Shooter_Macgavin #6 Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player

I feel I have just had a revelation about one of the reasons why the AI never has any money: I believe they do not initiate Trade Treaties. Ever. They certainly don't with me, despite the fact that they value them highly in trade deals and will part with tech or BC to get one going. So this means they are probably not making trade deals with each other. I believe 2 changes are needed in this area to buff the AI:

1) Get them to initiate Trade Treaties with each other, and with the human player.

2) Stop them giving away free stuff to the human player in trade deals. Just make it an even swap, a Trade Treaty with nothing else on the table. (Even if they hate the human player, or the other party).

It's time for the AI to learn to protect their self-interests as a species, no matter how they feel about the human player, or the other AIs. What I mean by this, is that they should propose and accept deals that will benefit them, despite their current disposition towards the other race. In Civilization, if a nation hated me, they would outright refuse almost all deals with me, even if it was a clear win for them, such as 1 luxury resource from them for 3 luxury resources from me. I'm hoping you guys will develop a smarter AI, an AI that realises it doesn't have friends, it has interests.

Edited by Shooter_Macgavin, 30 January 2017 - 08:37 PM.

anonym_vMJRNfcqMXW7 #7 Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:32 AM

Ensign

• Player
:hiding:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users