Early Access 4 Feedback Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

Conan #1 Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:41 AM

Associate Producer, WG Labs

• WG Staff

Hi Everyone,

Early Access 4 is here. We've changed a lot of things based on what the community has said. The news article is here and full info can be view on the steam store page.

You may put any and all comments, reactions, suggestions, and anger (maybe?) on this thread for EA4.

Thank you!

Conan

Associate Producer

Master of Orion / WG Labs

dD_ShockTrooper #2 Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:50 AM

Ensign

• Player
I just started playing the early access, and I have to say that the starlanes are done very well in this game. The ability to block off and build structures on the nodes adds a lot to the game and I can't see the game being as good without them. That said, while the travel times along starlanes and through warp gates themselves are adjusted well for the drives you currently have, it is rather annoying to have to keep dropping in and out of warp speed to go through every system along the way to the destination when those systems are ones that you know are completely safe. The additional turns to move to the next node really add up on long journeys, and particularly for high tech drives where the leftover movement is completely wasted on exiting warp. Personally I think a good solution to this issue while not damaging the ability to control chokepoints would be to make movement within the system not cost the ship's turn, but fighting a battle, building something with a factory, or exploring a planet/system for the first time immediately ends the movement for the ship. This makes it so building internal military outposts/blockading lanes slows the movement to what it currently is, which is appropriate movement for hostile territory, while traversing controlled territory or explored empty space would be significantly faster with superior drives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users