Early Access 2 Feedback Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Conan #1 Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

Associate Producer, WG Labs

• WG Staff

Hi Everyone,

We would like to hear from you! Please let us know what you think of Early Access 2.

Feel free to elaborate your comments within this thread. If you have bugs you want to report, please do proceed to the Bugs Report Feedback.

Thank you for your continued support!

Conan

Associate Producer

Master of Orion / WG Labs

michaelm75au #2 Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:49 AM

Ensign

• Player

The option in the Diplomacy screen to "Declare war' gives you no chance to cancel it in case you hit it by accident - this happened to me and as auto-save feature no longer seems to happen, i had to abandon the game and restart (wasn't saving between turns as I should).

In other MOOs I'm sure it gave a warning before continuing with war declaration???

Conan #3 Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:44 AM

• WG Staff
Not really a warning but more of a click send if you are sure. Duly noted. Both the declare war and the auto-save.

Conan

Associate Producer

lengxv6 #4 Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:17 AM

Ensign

• Player
Windows 10 Game recording system not registering MoO as a game, but can be added in manually. WoT & WoWS both auto registrar as games making it easy to set up for recording. 

Da5h_au #5 Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:09 PM

Ensign

• Player

The map and layering (ability to togle options on and off)

1. Jump lanes - later in game it is hard to see thought them

2. Enemy Fleets

3. Allied Fleets

4. Friendly Fleets

5. Neutral Fleets

6. Dependant on how far you want to go but planet type etc

Planet building screens (I am aware that the ESC can do most of what I am about to say. but at times this is inconvenient.

Currnelty

Select build = BOTTOM Right of screen

Select build option = Left side of screen

Close build screen = Top Centre (ish)

Close Build screen (back to map) = Bottom Right 

** Thus all over the screen and becomes taxing is doing a lot on management **

?? Could the options be clustered closer tot he BOTTOM Right, and thus less screen chasing with the mouse ??.

That being said, I am enjoying it so far and feel hopeful for the future.

Regards,

Edited by Da5h_au, 14 April 2016 - 11:52 AM.

BDAKiwi #6 Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:30 AM

Ensign

• Player

I can't find a discussion about this but I don't understand why races like Meklar and Silicoid produce food.  Surely those races should be mineral focussed only?  Each race should have very different and specific structures and requirements that are for them alone, which would help them be clearly unique.  There are differences but they are small, there's no real impression of difference between, say, Meklar and Human.  Same techs, same structures, same goals.  Even changing the appearance and name of a structure would help (eg instead of a farm call it a mineral extractor)

Also it'd be cool if the game auto-saved every 50 turns or something.  Sometimes we make mistakes and auto saves are so common in gaming now that we don't think to manually save

Games are saved alphabetically so finding the last save (or the one before it) is a real drag.  Please list them by date and time

Edited by BDAKiwi, 21 May 2016 - 12:31 AM.

Conan #7 Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:08 AM

• WG Staff

View PostBDAKiwi, on 21 May 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

I can't find a discussion about this but I don't understand why races like Meklar and Silicoid produce food.  Surely those races should be mineral focussed only?  Each race should have very different and specific structures and requirements that are for them alone, which would help them be clearly unique.  There are differences but they are small, there's no real impression of difference between, say, Meklar and Human.  Same techs, same structures, same goals.  Even changing the appearance and name of a structure would help (eg instead of a farm call it a mineral extractor)

Also it'd be cool if the game auto-saved every 50 turns or something.  Sometimes we make mistakes and auto saves are so common in gaming now that we don't think to manually save

Games are saved alphabetically so finding the last save (or the one before it) is a real drag.  Please list them by date and time

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I agree with Silicoid producing food and I will forward these to the developers. 

Conan

Associate Producer

Roland_in_TIme #8 Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:04 AM

Ensign

• Player

Hi,

I've just brought the game, and during the tutorial when my ships have arrived at two different locations, I'm asked to move them (a fleet needs orders) but there is nothing i can choose to move them to..

The only button accessible to press is a fleet needs orders, where I'm taken to the other scout, and have the same problems of not being able to choose anything.

Screenshot below - 4 turns into the tutorial

https://snag.gy/n3uIo9.jpg

Edited by Roland_in_TIme, 08 August 2016 - 08:05 AM.

Roland_in_TIme #9 Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:24 AM

Ensign

• Player

View PostRoland_in_TIme, on 08 August 2016 - 08:04 AM, said:

Hi,

I've just brought the game, and during the tutorial when my ships have arrived at two different locations, I'm asked to move them (a fleet needs orders) but there is nothing i can choose to move them to..

The only button accessible to press is a fleet needs orders, where I'm taken to the other scout, and have the same problems of not being able to choose anything.

Screenshot below - 4 turns into the tutorial

https://snag.gy/n3uIo9.jpg

On my second attempt on the tutorial i didn't have this problem, but i was defiantly not able to progress on my first play through and had to restart, not sure why as you can't change the sequence of the first few turns much at all..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users